UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas is well established as nurturing a organization for gas technology and knowledge among gas industry personnel in Malaysia. Being one of a prime reference point, it also offering substantial consultancy services to gas users and facility operators throughout Malaysia. Known of its reputation, UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas is frequently invited in organizing international or regional seminars, symposium and exhibition on gas related activities. UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas building up its consultancy profile since its inception in 1997.
Consultation services recipients :
- Gas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (GMSB)
- Gas Contractor Companies
- Ceramic Industry
- Multrapac Sdn. Bhd.
- Inotrend NGV Sdn. Bhd.
- SIRIM Bhd.
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
Collaborating with National Bodies and organization in producing standards, acts and guidelines :
- Act 501 (Gas Supply Act 1993 and Gas Supply Guidelines 1997)
- MS 830 : 2003 ; Code of Practice for the Storage, Handling and Transportation of Liquefied Petroleum Gases Second Revision
- MS 930 : Code of Practice for The Installation of Fuel Gas Piping Systems and Appliances
- MS 1535 : Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances For Use With Liquefied Petroleum Gases Part 1 : Specification
- MS 1535 : Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances For Use With Liquefied Petroleum Gases Part 2 : General Construction
- MS 1535 : Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances For Use With Liquefied Petroleum Gases Part 3 : Testing Method
- Guidelines for Copper Gas Piping
- Guideline On Domestic Gas Piping System
Among areas in Gas Engineering Consultation engaged by UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas :
- Pipeline Erosion and Integrity
- Natural Gas Pipeline Design
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas Installation
- Usage of New Material In Gas Pipeline System
- Industry Energy Audit
- Mitigation And Site-Investigation of Natural Gas Pipeline Failures
- Corrosion Study on Piping System of FPSO
- Safety of LPG Pipeline System in UTM
- Development of Guidelines for Copper Gas Piping for Malaysian Application
- Physical and Observational Screening of Various Hi-Tech Safety Product
- Energy Optimization for LPG Kilns
- Gas Network Analysis for Natural Gas Piping System
- LPG to Natural Gas Burner Conversion
- Compatibility of Malaysian Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas with Copper Piping in Asia