Gasteg is well established as nurturing a organization for gas technology and knowledge among gas industry personnel in Malaysia. Being one of a prime reference point, Gasteg also offering substantial consultancy services to gas users and facility operators throughout Malaysia. Known of its reputation, Gasteg is frequently invited in organizing international or regional seminars, symposium and exhibition on gas related activities. Gasteg building up its consultancy profile since its inception in 1997.
Consultation services receipients :
- Gas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- SIRIM Berhad
- Gas Contractor Companies
- Ceramic Industry
- Multrapac Sdn. Bhd.
- Inotrend NGV Sdn. Bhd.
Collaborating with National Bodies and organisation in producing standards, acts and guidelines :
- Act 501 (Gas Supply Act 1993 and Gas Supply Guidelines 1997)
- MS 830 : 2003 ; Code of Practice for the Storage, Handling and Transportation of Liquefied Petroleum Gases Second Revision
- MS 930 : Code of Practice for The Installation of Fuel Gas Piping Systems and Appliances
- MS 1535 : Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances For Use With Liquefied Petroleum Gases Part 1 : Specification
- MS 1535 : Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances For Use With Liquefied Petroleum Gases Part 2 : General Construction
- MS 1535 : Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances For Use With Liquefied Petroleum Gases Part 3 : Testing Method
- Guidelines for Copper Gas Piping
- Guideline On Domestic Gas Piping System
Among areas in Gas Engineering Consultation engaged by GASTEG :
- Pipeline Erosion and Integrity
- Natural Gas Pipeline Design
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas Installation
- Usage of New Material In Gas Pipeline System
- Industry Energy Audit
- Mitigation And Site-Investigation of Natural Gas Pipeline Failures
- Corrosion Study on Piping System of FPSO
- Safety of LPG Pipeline System in UTM
- Development of Guidelines for Copper Gas Piping for Malaysian Application
- Physical and Observational Screening of Various Hi-Tech Safety Product
- Energy Optimization for LPG Kilns
- Gas Network Analysis for Natural Gas Piping System
- LPG to Natural Gas Burner Conversion
- Compatibility of Malaysian Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas with Copper Piping in Asia